Everyone should build a kit. If you haven’t experienced building a radio-controlled machine from the ground up, you should add that to your hobby to-do list.
For seasoned pros who have assembled more 1/10-scale (or larger) models than they can count, may I introduce you to a different challenge; a small-scale build. Earlier this year, rcmart.com gave me the opportunity to build an Orlandoo Hunter OH32A03, a 1/32-scale Land Rover Defender-style micro crawler. Since I’m always up for a challenge, I happily accepted there offer and spent more than a few nights turning some tiny wrenches and assembling this indoor explorer.
In this episode of The RC Newb Podcast, I share my thoughts on the build process for this kit, along with some recent hobby/model news.
- Axial’s Capra has been announced.
- Traxxas launches the Maxx 1/10-scale monster truck.
- Carisma has released two brushless-powered, 1/24-scale rally cars.
- Building an Orlandoo Hunter OH32A03
- Pro-Line – Save 10% on your next order at prolineracing.com with coupon code RCNEWBAP10.
- RCMart – Thanks to rcmart.com for the opportunity to review the Orlandoo Hunter OH32A03 and D4L radio system.