A longtime friend of RC Newb, Andrew Jurcich returns for this episode of the RC Newb Podcast. A variety of topics were covered, from Novak’s announcement that they’re going out of business, to Axial’s two new kits, to 3D printing, to Tamiya’s Blackfoot re-release, and a few items in-between.
- Long-time R/C electronics maker, Novak, announces they are closing their doors after 30+ years of operation.
- Andrew and Tim share their thoughts on Axial’s latest kit releases, the RR10 Bomber and the SCX10 II.
- 3D printed R/C car parts and accessories are on the rise. Not only are parts for vehicles being produced, but also helpful tools that can assist your driving.
- Tim has his eye on the re-release version of Tamiya’s Blackfoot ($174.99). With these recent wave of classic R/C re-releases, have you been bitten by the nostalgia bug?
- Rich from 2RCProductions has a unique, extended Tamiya Lunchbox project that he’s detailed through a number of videos. If you’re looking for a way to create a custom, old-school radio-controlled rig, check out his Stretchbox build series.