R/C racing takes skill and nitro-powered radio-controlled machines are unique animals in and of themselves. If you want aa nitro power-plant that’s bred for performance, O.S. Engine has a special edition piece that’ll take your performance up a notch, or two.
Their Speed 21XZ-B Spec II Ty 110% Limited Edition Off‑Road Engine is based on the same engine used by Ty Tessman in his off-road nitro truggy. Available in two configurations (with or without a T-2090SC pipe), this engine features Ty’s name and logo throughout the engine components, making it a true collector’s piece.
O.S. Engine Speed 21XZ-B Spec II Specifications
- Displacement: .213 cu in (3.49 cc)
- Bore: .641 in (16.27 mm)
- Stroke: .661 in (16.8 mm)
- Practical RPM: 4,000-42,000
- Power Output: 2.61 hp @ 34,000 rpm
- Weight: 12.45 oz (353 g)
- Includes: carb, inner head, P3 plug and exhaust seal ring
- OSMG2036 includes: T2090SC exhaust pipe
- OSMG2037 requires: tuned pipe set
- Both require: 20%-30% nitro-methane fuel
The OSMG2036 (with T-2090SC pipe) is priced at $629.99 and the OSMG2037 (engine only) is priced at $499.99. Both of these engines are being produced in limited quantities, so you’ll have to act fast if you want to own one yourself.
Learn more about the Speed 21XZ-B Spec II Ty 110% engine at osengines.com.
Image credit: O.S. Engine