While the base chassis remains unchanged, it’s nice to see another manufacturer-created SCX10II body option, especially one with a high number of details and accents. Visually, you’ll notice accessories such as door handles, windshield wipers, hood latches and side mirrors.
Most of these items were introduced with the launch of the SCX10II in 2016 and it’s great to see them carried through to a new body-option model.
One of the biggest scale details on this Jeep body may be the functioning headlights and taillights. adding LED lighting to a trail rig is always a fun project, and having this setup included in a ready-to-run (RTR) package is a nice bonus.
Axial SCX10II 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRC Specs:
- Length: 19.25″ (489mm)
- Width: 8.9″ (226mm)
- Height: 9.4″ (239.4mm)
- Wheelbase: 12.3″ (313mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.0″ (77mm)
- Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg) estimated with electronics
- Motor: 35T brushed motor
- Radio: Tactic TTX300 3-CHANNEL SLT, 2.4gHz
- Servos: Tactic TSX45 Servo
- Torque: 6.0V 151 oz-in, 4.8V 143 oz-in
- ESC: AE-5L, forward/reverse, drag brake, 3S LiPo compatible, waterproof
Priced at $409.99, this new model will begin arriving at hobby shops at the end of November (2017). Is this new body option enough to make you run to your local hobby shop and pick up a new Axial SCX10II?
Image credit: Axial