While there have been a number of R/C-related events so-far in 2016, there are still many more on the horizon. One event in particular is taking place not far from my backyard. Trackside Hobbies & Raceway will be playing host to the 2016 Team Associated Off-Road Championships from November 2nd through November 6th.
Located in Brookfield, WI, the event will feature nine classes of racing that includes buggy, stadium truck, and short course truck in both modified and stock configurations. The 2016 Team Associated Off-Road Championships will follow ROAR guidelines for chassis, battery, motor, and other specifications.
Complete Class Listing
- Modified 2WD Buggy
- Modified 4WD Buggy
- Modified 2WD Short Course Truck
- Modified Stadium Truck
- 4WD Short Course Truck
- 13.5 4WD Buggy (ROAR 13.5 Brushless, Blinky ESC)
- Stock Buggy (ROAR 17.5 Brushless, Blinky ESC)
- Stock 2WD Short Course Truck (ROAR 17.5 Brushless, Blinky ESC)
Spanning five days, the event will feature two days of practice, two days of qualifications, and one day of main-event racing.
2016 Event Schedule (11/2/16 – 11/6/16)
- Wed Nov 2nd: Practice Day #1 (Open Practice, 11am – 8pm, $10 Fee)
- Thurs Nov 3rd: Practice Day #2 (Controlled Practice, 11am – 8pm No Fee)
- Fri Nov 4th: Qualifying Day #1 (Open at 7am, 2 Rounds of Qualifying begin at 9am)
- Sat Nov 5th: Qualifying Day #2 (Open at 8am, 2 Rounds of Qualifying begin at 9am)
- Sun Nov 6th: MAINS DAY!! (Open at 7am, Races begin at 8am with an awards ceremony following competition)
Entry fees for the 2016 Team Associated Off-Road Championships start at $50 for the first entry with a reduced rate of $35 for additional entries. Novice racers can also compete after paying a fee of $25. Registration for the event is being accepted through RCSignup.com.
Image credit: Trackside Hobbies & Raceway