If low-cost and low barrier-to-entry vehicles (that aren’t lacking in the fun department) are your thing, Redcat Racing has a lineup for you. Their Tremor Series is a set of two 1/16 scale vehicles that come in both truck (Tremor ST) and truggy (Tremor SG) styles.
Powered by brushed motors, the Tremor truck and truggy are both 4-wheel drive and are equipped with spring coil shocks, a 2-in1 ESC/receiver, and a 2.4ghz radio. The plastic chassis that supports these models is what we’ve come to expect from a small-scale vehicle, so there are no surprises there.
- Motor Type – Electric Brushed
- Transmission – Forward and Reverse
- Drive System – 4 Wheel Drive
- Length – Truggy – 265mm / Truck – 270mm
- Width – Truggy – 205mm / Truck -215mm
- Height – Truggy 110mm / Truck – 135mm
- Wheelbase – 175mm
- Chassis Type – Plastic
- Shocks – Spring Coil
- Speed Control – 2in1 ESC/Receiver Brushed
- Battery – Li-ion 7.4v 800mAh & Charger Included
- Radio System – 2.4GHz Radio System
The two Tremor machines retail for $99.99 each, making them perfect for indoor bashing or as a “throw in the bag and go” vehicle when you’re out and about this summer. If you do a little digging, you should be able to find them for less than that price. They both look like a tempting, low-cost option that will create endless amounts of entertainment. So much so, that a deeper look and review may be in order.