Bigger, sleeker, and more rad than ever.
Traxxas is turning up the heat when it comes to road-ready R/C models. Following in the tracks of their stunning lineup of 4-Tec 2.0 models, they’ve released their next-generation on-road platform, the 4-Tec 3.0 Corvette Stingray.
You’ll find plenty of “newness” sprinkled throughout this model, from the body all the way down to the tires. Larger than its predecessor, the 4-Tec 3.0 has an overall length of nearly 20 inches and a width that’s just shy of nine inches. That equates to a longer wheelbase and wider front and rear track, meaning this model should perform amazingly, right out of the box.
Traxxas has paired its new on-road marvel with a Titan 12T, 550-size brushed motor, and an all-wheel-drive system. An XL-5 ESC and TQ 2.4GHz radio system are also included in the 4-Tec 3.0 Corvette Stingray.
The body on this car might be Traxxas’s most realistic work to date. Masterfully mimicking the 1:1 style of the modern-day Corvette Stingray, this 1/10-scale version captures the essence of Chevrolet’s supercar in amazing detail. From the body lines to the small details such as headlights, side mirrors, and the viewable rear engine bay, it’s easy to envision the 4-Tec 3.0 as a shelf queen as much as a parking lot racer.
Along with the detailed, larger body, Traxxas is also ushering in a new body mounting system, free from traditional body posts and clips. Their new “clipless” design uses under-the-body clasps, allowing the body to be as seamless and realistic as possible. Four body color options are available for the 4-Tec 3.0 Corvette Stingray: black, silver, red, and blue.
To match the larger chassis and body of the 4-Tec 3.0 Stingray, this model features larger tires and wheels (73mm/2.8in) compared to its predecessor. The low-profile tires are mounted to replica, chromed wheels for a “just off the showroom floor” feel.
Traxxas 4-Tec 3.0 Corvette Stingray Specs:
- Length: 19.4 inches (492mm)
- Front Track: 8.1 inches (204mm)
- Rear Track: 8.0 inches (202mm)
- Total Width (mirrors): 8.9 inches (227mm)
- Ground Clearance: 0.3 inches (9mm)
- Weight: 3.92lbs (1.78kg) with body (no battery)
- Height (ride): 5.1 inches (130mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.3 inches (288mm)
- Shock Length: Short (front and rear)
- Tire Diameter: 2.8 inches (73mm)
- Tire Width (front): 1.1 inches (28mm)
- Tire Width (rear): 1.3 inches (32mm)
- Wheel Diameter: 2.1 inches (54mm)
- Speed Control: XL-5™ Electronic Speed Control
- Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 550 (12-Turn)
- Transmission: Single Speed Direct Drive
- Overall Drive Ratio: 11.38
- Differential Type: Sealed, Hardened Steel Bevel, Limited Slip
- Gear Pitch: 48
- Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Tub / Nylon Composite
- Brake Type: Electronic
- Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Steering: Dual-Bellcrank
- Radio System: TQ™ 2.4GHz Transmitter
- Servo: #2075 High Torque Waterproof
- Battery Tray: 158mm long / 46mm wide / 23 or 26mm high
The 4-Tec 3.0 Corvette Stingray is priced at $349.99 and will be available for purchase soon, both from Traxxas and their dealers. Visit traxxas.com to learn more about this new on-road R/C car.
Image credit: Traxxas