The Traxxas TRX-4 Sport has proven itself to be an incredibly fun and capable R/C trail truck. Whether you’re new to the hobby or want to get into the scale/trail scene, this is an amazing rig to start off with. When this truck landed on my doorstep a few years ago, I had no plans for it outside of running it as-is. However, I quickly found myself slowly transforming it from a box-stock trail basher into an outdoor adventure machine.
While my upgrades may be tame by comparison, they go a long way in showing how you can change up the appearance of a radio-controlled truck with a few simple tweaks. Shortly after I took ownership of my TRX-4 Sport, I began making some small internal tweaks, replacing a majority of the chassis hardware with stainless steel bits from Team KNK.
After that, I focused on cosmetic changes, swapping out a few sets of tires and slowly adding scale accessories to jazz up this plain pickup truck. Here is a slideshow of my TRX-4 Sport’s transformation from day one through today:
My Traxxas TRX-4 Sport Upgrade List:
- Team KNK Stainless Steel Hardware – $28.00
- Duratrax Deep Woods CR 1.9″ Tires – $25.99
- Pro-Line BFGoodrich Krawler T/A KX 1.9″ Tires – $32.95
- Pro-Line Impulse Internal Bead-Loc 1.9″ Wheels – $19.95
- Traxxas TRX-4 Sport Expedition Rack – $49.95
- Traxxas TRX-4 LED Light Kit – $65.00
- Stainless Steel Front Skid Plate – $8.90
Want to learn more about the TRX-4 Sport and the amazing list of upgrades available for it? Check out my review of this 1/10-scale rig as well as the TRX-4 Upgrades and Hop-ups Guide.