Since the launch of the TRX-4, Traxxas has proven that they can jump into the world of scale R/C and hit the ground running. Now they’ve added another model to the TRX-4 line, giving their decked out trail machine a new lid and a new mission.
Outfitted with an “armored” body, the new TRX-4 Tactical Unit scaler features the same chassis and electronic components as it’s civilian cousin. The main differences between the two models are purely cosmetic, with the Tactical Unit model receiving a more military/SWAT look and feel.
The wheel design on the TRX-4 Tactical Unit also differs from the standard TRX-4, with the “TU” rocking spokeless rims and a SWAT-inspired, elongated wheel nut accessory.
Despite the visual differences, the same chassis components and performance features of the original TRX-4 exist on this new model. If you have a taste for adventure and prefer your trail machines to be armored tanks, then this option might be the right fit for you.
Traxxas TRX-4 Tactical Unit Specs:
- Length: 23.07 inches (586mm)
- Front Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
- Rear Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.14 inches (80mm)
- Weight: 6.9lb (3.129kg)
- Height: 9.92 inches (252mm)
- Wheelbase: 12.75 inches (324mm)
- Approach Angle: 53.17°
- Departure Angle: 41.67°
- Breakover Angle: 56.97°
- Front Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
- Rear Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
- Front Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
- Rear Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
- Front Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
- Rear Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
- Hex Size: 12mm
- Speed Control: XL-5 HV
- Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
- Transmission: 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
- Differential Type: 4 Gear, Remote Locking
- Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
- Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
- Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
- Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
- Transmitter: TQi 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
- Price $449.99
The Traxxas TRX-4 Tactical Unit scaler is priced at $449.99 and is available for purchase at traxxas.com.
Image credit: Traxxas