Traxxas may be the king of getting the most mileage out of any one R/C platform. Since its debut, the TRX-4 family tree has sprouted many branches of variations, all centered around the same solid platform. Now, the folks at Traxxas have done it again with the release of the TRX-4 High Trail Edition Chevrolet K10 Cheyenne.
Featuring a wonderfully-styled Chevy K10 pickup truck body, this version of the TRX-4 stands apart from the rest, thanks to its longer, 13.2″ wheelbase, 2.2″ wheels Canyon Trail wheels and tires, and Long Arm Lift Kit. While designed for the trail, this truck looks like it would be a blast to run through mud, muck, and just about anything else you’d encounter.
Sitting taller than it’s Blazer and Bronco brethren, the TRX-4 High Trail Edition boasts more than an inch of additional ground clearance compared to those other models. Thanks to the larger tires, lift kit, and portal axles, this rig should have no problem clearing obstacles.
Under the hood, you’ll find the same TRX-4 chassis that been under every TRX-4 model. Complete with inner fenders, remote locking diffs, and a two-speed transmission, this rig has proven time and time again that it is a real contender.
The body of the TRX-4 High Trail Edition Chevrolet K10 Cheyenne features the styling of its 1:1, 1979 counterpart. Complete with a chrome grille, bumper, side mirrors, and other accents, this truck’s should look great in anyone’s R/C garage. Two body color options are available for this model (red or black).
Other highlights of this model include waterproof/water-resistant electronics, a Titan 21T 550-size motor, a TQi 2.4GHz 4-channel radio system, and more.
Traxxas TRX-4 High Trail Edition Chevrolet K10 Cheyenne Specs:
- Length: 22.20 inches (563mm)
- Front Track: 10.60 inches (270mm)
- Rear Track: 10.60 inches (270mm)
- Center Ground Clearance: 4 inches (99mm)
- Weight (w/o battery): 7.38lbs (3.35kg)
- Height (overall): 10.89 inches (277mm)
- Wheelbase: 13.23 inches (336mm)
- Approach Angle: 70°
- Departure Angle: 52°
- Breakover Angle: 67°
- Front Shock Length: 4.33 inches (110mm)
- Rear Shock Length: 4.33 inches (110mm)
- Front Wheels: 2.2 x 1.34 inches (56 x 34mm)
- Rear Wheels: 2.2 x 1.34 inches (56 x 34mm)
- Front Tires: 5.3 x 2.14 inches (135 x 54mm)
- Rear Tires: 5.3 x 2.14 inches (135 x 54mm)
- Hex Size: 12mm
- Speed Control: XL-5 HV
- Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
- Transmission: 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
- Gear Pitch: 32P
- Differential Type: 4 Gear, Remote Locking
- Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
- Brake Type: Electronic “Hill Hold”
- Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
- Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
- Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
- Transmitter: TQi™ 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
- Receiver: 6533
- Battery Tray: 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
Priced at $549.99, the TRX-4 High Trail Edition Chevrolet K10 Cheyenne will be available through Traxxas and its dealers. Visit traxxas.com to learn more about this 1/10-scale mud and trail truck.
Image credit: Traxxas