Are you craving an R/C truck that blends performance and aggressive styling with a sub-$300 price tag? If you answered yes, then the Titan-powered Traxxas Rustler 4×4 might be worth parking in your R/C garage.
This identical twin to the brushless-powered Rustler 4×4 VXL brings with it the same styling and chassis design, but with a 12-turn Traxxas Titan brushed motor. While the motor tech is on the traditional side, the rest of this truck is packed with plenty of forward-thinking features.
Clipless body mounts, waterproof electronics, and a 2.4GHz radio system are some of the main components that you’ll find under the lid of this 1/10-scale stadium truck. No matter where you drive or bash, this truck should weather the elements with ease.
The Rustler 4×4 rides on 2.8″ “Talon” tires and is available in two body colors (blue/black and red/black).
Traxxas Rustler 4×4 Titan Specs:
- Length: 17.98 Inches (457mm)
- Front Track: 12.94 Inches (329mm)
- Rear Track: 12.94 Inches (329mm)
- Center Ground Clearance: 1.1 Inches (27mm)
- Weight: 4.73lbs (2.15kg)
- Height (overall): 6.35 Inches (161mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.62 Inches (295mm)
- Shock Length: Long (front), XX-Long (rear)
- Tires: Talon™ EXT with Foam Inserts
- Tire Diameter: 4.5 Inches (114mm) (front and rear)
- Wheels (front/rear): 2.8″ Black Multi-Spoke
- Wheel Diameter: 2.8 Inches (71mm)
- Speed Control Type: XL-5™ Electronic Speed Control
- Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 500 (12-turn)
- Final Drive Ratio: 21.11:1 (stock, out-of-box)
- Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed, Limited Slip
- Gear Pitch: 32
- Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Tub / Nylon Composite
- Drive System: Shaft-Driven, Direct Drive 4WD
- Steering: Dual-Bellcrank with Integrated Servo Saver
- Radio System: TQ™ 2.4GHz (2-channel)
The Traxxas Rustler 4×4 is priced a t$279.99 and is available online and through your local Traxxas dealer. Visit traxxas.com to learn more about this new Rustler model.
Image credit: Traxxas