Time for a quiz! What’s the most important part of your R/C vehicle? While that question can have multiple answers, I’m in the camp who believe tires have a major hand in how a vehicle performs and handles. Over the past few months, I’ve been testing out a number of scale R/C tires, swapping out a variety of ready-to-run (RTR) sets with aftermarket options from Pro-Line and Duratrax.
No matter what type of radio-controlled vehicle you drive, taking a look at your tires is a great way to get more performance out of your machine. With that in mind, tires are the topic of the day for this episode of the RC Newb Podcast.
- New small-scale R/C vehicles are on the horizon from ECX and Carisma Scale Adventure.
- Hands-on with Pro-Line’s Hyrax G8 Mud Terrain Tires.
- Upgrades galore on my Axial SCX10, including a set of Pro-Line BFGoodrich KM3 tires.
- While the stock Traxxas Canyon Trail tires have proven to be quite capable, I’m testing out a set of Duratrax Deep Woods CR tires to see what they bring to the table.
- Episode sponsor: Pro-Line
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:57 — 32.9MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS