In my opinion, one of the best brands for budget-minded R/C shoppers is ECX. Not only are their models priced well, but you get a capable machine for your money. One of their popular off-road models, the Ruckus 1/10-scale, 2WD monster truck, has received an update as we head into the holiday season, making this a model to put on any R/C enthusiast’s wish list.
The refreshed Ruckus (ECX03314) now features an improved brushless motor (3300kv, 6-pole) and an included LiPo battery (7.6v, 3000mah, 2S) in its ready-to-run (RTR) package, providing this truck a full supply of power.
The graphics on the Ruckus body have also been updated, with the truck now sporting a gunmetal gray base with electric blue and white accents.
The chassis and suspension components remain unchanged, leaving the established durability of this radio-controlled monster truck intact. Other standard features for the Ruckus include a 2.4GHz radio system and waterproof/water resistant electronics.
ECX Ruckus Brushless, LiPo, RTR Specs
- Type: 2WD Electric Off-Road Monster Truck
- Scale: 1/10
- Length: 20.0 in (508mm)
- Width: 13.5 in. (342mm)
- Height: 7.8 in. (197mm)
- Ground Clearance: 2.42 in. (61.5mm)
- Wheelbase: 13.1 in (332.7mm)
- Weight: 5.5 lbs (2.5kg)
- Chassis: Injection Molded Nylon Composite
- Suspension: 4-Wheel Independent Long-Travel
- Drivetrain: 2WD with Gear Differential and Slipper Clutch
- Tire Type: Dynamite Speedtreads Shootout, Medium Compound
- Motor or Engine: Non-Sensored Brushless, 540, 3300Kv, 6-Pole
- Speed Control: Included
- Radio: Spektrum STX2, 2-Channel
- Servos: Included
- Batteries: 7.6V 3000mAh 2S 20C LiPo, Hardcase: EC3 (included)
- Charger: 20W LiPo AC Balance Charger
- Gear Pitch: 48P
- Wheel Size: 2.2 x 2.0, Flat Black, 12mm Hex
- Kit/RTR: RTR
- Shock Type: Composite Long-Travel Coil-Over, Oil-Filled
- Body: Polycarbonate Screened
- Ball Bearings: Full Ball Bearings
- Price: $289.99
The ECX Ruckus BL LiPo monster truck is priced at $289.99, and should give you quite a bit of bang for your buck. Learn more about this updated model at excrc.com.
Image credit: ECX