Fresh off of their MT410 Monster Truck release, Tekno RC has announced an update to their competition-focused EB48 buggy. The updated model, the EB48.4, is a ⅛-scale electric kit that features a variety of updated components and chassis elements.
Among the new hardware pieces are a new chassis, revised steering and suspension geometry, a refined drivetrain and new aluminum bleeder shock caps allowing you to fine-tune the handling of this buggy to suit track conditions and driving styles.
With this being an iterative release, there are a number of upgrade parts and interchangeable components that will help you get the most out of this new model.
Tekno EB48.4 Specifications
- Length: 435mm (without wing)
- Wheelbase: 323-335mm
- Width: 306-310*mm (*optional hubs required)
- Weight: 3200g (7.0lb) (RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, 500g battery, rx, etc)
- Diff Ratio: F/R – 12/40t, Center – 44t
- Battery tray dimensions: 50x148mm (2x2s or 1x4s config)
- Kit/RTR: Kit
Since this is a kit, you’ll need a few items to complete the build:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- 1/8 scale ESC and motor system
- High torque steering servo (at least 300oz/in)
- MOD1 15 to 25 tooth pinion (TKR4175 – TKR4185)
- 4-6s LiPo battery (4s at least 5000mAh)
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels & CA glue
- Paint (for the body)
Priced at $549.99, the updated EB48.4 buggy will be available in late December 2016. Find out more about this new model at teknorc.com.
Image credit: Tekno RC