If you’re a fan of classic R/C models, Tamiya has an upcoming re-release that’s sure to delight fans of late-80s buggies. Refreshed for 2020, the Terra Scorcher kit is getting another chance to shine, combining old-school chassis design with components suited to supporting today’s high-power batteries and motors.
With a shaft-driven four-wheel drive system, plastic tub-style chassis, oil-filled shocks, and front and rear stabilizers, this buggy is a great look back at classic radio-controlled performance.
A 540-size brushed motor is included with this kit, however, you’ll need to provide a radio system, batteries, ESC, and polycarbonate paint to complete the building process.
Tamiya 2020 Terra Scorcher Specs:
- Length 390 mm
- Width 240 mm
- Height 130 mm
- Wheel base 260 mm
- 203 mm front
- 194 mm rear
- Tire width / diameter = front and rear 38/83 mm
- Frame = resin bathtub type
- Dive system = shaft drive 4WD
- Differential gear system = 3 bevels on front and rear
- Suspension = Double wishbone 4 wheels independent
- Damper = CVA oil damper on both front and rear
- Stabilizer installed on front and rear
The 2020 Tamiya Terra Scorcher should be priced around $240.00 when it’s released and will be available through Tamiya and their dealers. Visit tamiya.com to learn more about this high-performing, old-school R/C buggy kit.
Image credit: Tamiya