Tamiya has released an updated 1/10-scale replica of the 1997 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR on-road racer. Previously released on the TA-03R chassis, this version rides atop the TT-01E.
With its shaft-driven, four-wheel-drive system and compact electronics arrangement, the TT-01E is a performance-minded kit and should be fun for novice builders as well as seasoned pros.
Tamiya TT-01E 1997 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Kit Specs:
- Length 470mm
- Width 194mm
- Height 115mm
- Wheelbase 257mm
- Tire width / diameter (front and rear): 27/67mm
- Frame type: bathtub
- Drive system: vertical motor, shaft drive full-time 4WD
- Differential gear: front and rear 3 bevels
- Steering: 3 split tie rod type
- Suspension: 4-wheel, double wishbone
- Shocks: front and rear (friction)
- Gear ratio: 8.35: 1
- Motor: brushed, 540 type
Priced at $166.00, this 1/10-scale on-road R/C car kit is available directly through Tamiya and through their dealers. Visit tamiyausa.com to learn more about the TT01-E 1997 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR.
Image credit: Tamiya