Tamiya has enjoyed a long and rich history in the R/C hobby. Along with their “general use” vehicles, they’ve also produced some impressive race-bred vehicles and kits that have one goal in mind: winning.
Their latest on-road entry is an evolution of their on-road 419X touring car chassis. The new TRF419X W sprinkles in some performance enhancements for carpet and high-grip surfaces, including thicker and lower deck parts and low-mounted shocks for reduced center of gravity.
Tamiya TRF419X W Specifications
- Scale: 1/10
- Build type: Kit
- Terrain use: On-Road
- Drive-train: 4WD
- Drive type: Belt
- Drive line: Universal
- Differential type: Rear oil-filled gear diff/front spool
- Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone
- Shock damper: Oil-filled damper
- Shock damper material: Aluminum
- Chassis material: Aluminum
This kit will require a few additional items to complete, including:
- A 2-channel radio system (transmitter and receiver)
- A battery pack and charger (for the car)
- An electronic speed control (ESC)
- A motor
- Wheels & tires
- Batteries (for the transmitter)
- A body
Having the latest and greatest carries a rather steep price tag. The Tamiya TRF 419X W is priced at $1,133.00 and will be available soon from tamiyausa.com. Learn more about this, and other Tamiya Racing Factory vehicles.
Image credit: Tamiya