My love of automobiles is one of the main reasons I love the R/C hobby. The ability to customize these machines, make them my own, and add details and features to them is part of what makes this a great way to unwind as well as a perfect outlet for creativity. The one vehicle in my garage that I hold in the highest regard is my Axial SCX10. From the moment I pulled this ready-to-run rig out of the box, I have enjoyed driving, upgrading, and tinkering with it. It, in my opinion, is the ultimate canvas on which to create and build a motorized masterpiece.
As time has gone on, I’ve added a few items to my rig to make it match my own personal style and preference. It has become my go-to vehicle for upgrades and modifications, and is a genuine joy to work on. Here is an overview of my SCX10 as it sits currently.
- GPM Racing Aluminum Steering Linkage
- Custom-built Lower Links – Traxxas rod ends with hollow balls, aluminum rod, and all-thread
- Axial Universal Rigid Light Bar Set
- Neewer 12-LED Light and Controller (fog lights, marker lights)
- Pro-Line PowerStroke Scaler Shocks
- Boom Racing 1.9″ High-mass Aluminum Beadlock Wheels
- Knight Custom Angry Eye Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Grille
- Custom Foam Camping/Sleeping Pads (with ties) – Foam crafting sheets and 4” zip-ties
- Walking Dead Action Figures (driver and passenger)
- FlySky GT3B Transmitter
While there isn’t much more that I can see myself adding onto this rig, don’t be surprised if this upgrade list grows in the future.