As the FPV craze sweeps the aircraft side of the radio-control hobby, it hasn’t hit full stride when it comes to R/C cars and trucks. After watching folks mount FPV cameras and gear to their machines (and have an amazing time with the experience), I decided to jump in and see what all of the fuss was about.
Not only has FPV provided a new set of challenges, but it’s opened up an entirely new world of experiences within the hobby. In this episode of the podcast, I’ll share a few of those, as well as providing details around the gear that I’m using as a “starter kit”.
- Carisma Scale Adventure has launched their first “scale R/C” rig, the SCA-1E Coyote RTR.
- Traxxas has updated their 1/10-scale Rally car with a new Ford Fiesta ST body.
- Two new bodiless chassis options for the Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 have been introduced, delivering brushed and brushless power.
- Monster truck fans, check out the latest ground-pounder from Losi, the Tenacity MT.
- A Whole New World: A First-time Experience with FPV and “surface” R/C
- If you’re interested in both FPV and the R/C crawler scene, New Bright has launched a new model that combines both in a low-cost package. The DashCam Jeep Trailcat is a fun little, 1/14-scale toy that not only looks amazing, but can also give you the feel for FPV without much of an up-front investment.
- Thank you to Pro-Line for their support of the RC Newb Podcast. Don’t forget, you can save 10% on your next prolineracing.com order with coupon code RCNEWBAP10.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 24:29 — 28.0MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS