Spring is in the air, snow is on the ground… I have no idea what’s going on with the weather, but it’s been playing havoc with my R/C plans in a big way. On the bright side, I’ve been able to spend some time in my shop, working on my machines and dreaming up new accessories to create through 3D printing.
In this episode of the RC Newb Podcast, I share my thoughts on Axial’s Yeti Jr. Rock Racer, talk about my latest hobby focus (3D printing) and more.
R/C Hobby News
- Dromida 1/18 Brushless Monster Truck
- RECON G6 Schedule
- Hobbico’s HouseRacer Challenge
- Team Associated RC10 B64 Team Kit
R/C Hobbyist Spotlight
Axial’s Yeti Jr. Rock Racer
- An easy upgrade for improved steering performance is to swap out the stock servo. I chose the Savox SH-0263-MG for my upgrade.
- Check out RC Arsenal and GIOSTEALTHR1 for similar upgrade how-to videos.
- Additional upgrades for the Yeti Jr. include a brushless motor, ESC, LiPo battery, and a nifty, 3D printed electronics relocation tray.
3D Printed Accessories
- Rich at 2RCProductions and Matt from RCOverload have shared their thoughts on a few 3D printed accessories that I have developed for specific 1/25 and 1/10 trail rigs.
- Find out more at rcnewb.com/store and save 15% on your with coupon code SCALER15 (until March 31, 2017).
Show Sponsors & Support
- Pro-Line – Save 10% on your next order at prolineracing.com with coupon code RCNEWBAP10.
- You can help support RCNewb.com and the RC Newb Podcast by becoming a Patreon patron.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 31:07 — 35.6MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS