Rich from 2RCProductions joined me to help kick off the new year with some R/C news and discussion. While we only planned on covering four topics, our conversation quickly took on a life of its own and we ended up talking about a few new models, shared thoughts on creating content to grow the hobby, among other items.
- Congratulations to Joshua D. the winner of our final giveaway contest of 2016!
- See Rich’s Tamiya Grasshopper and Tamiya Blackfoot builds.
- Is the ECX Amp MT kit a step in the right direction for generating interest in DIY building? Check out a fun video from Joshua D., who recently purchased this model to build with his kids.
- Rich is a big fan of a small-scale short course truck from Team Associated. See his thoughts on the new SC28 and look for an upcoming review of this model by Inconsistent TechDad.
- Axial released two 1/18-scale vehicles just before the holidays and one of them has found its way into the RCNewb/SmallScaleRC shop. Check out Tim’s unboxing of the Axial Yeti Jr. Rock Racer.
- The New Bright RC Pro Warrior was given high marks by both Tim and Rich as a durable, fun, and low-cost way to get kids interested in radio-controlled vehicles.
- 3D printing has been a hot topic in the R/C hobby over the past year. Armed with a new 3D printer, Tim has been exploring some of the possibilities that custom accessory creation has to offer, along with seeing what some up-and-coming designers have to offer.
- Episode sponsor: Pro-Line: Save 10% On your next prolineracing.com purchase with coupon code: RCNEWBAP10
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:29:25 — 102.3MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS