RC Newb Podcast - Episode 2: An Empty Shelf (Life)
We're back with another episode, but nothing much has changed. No intro music, no r/c truck and more ideas than I know what to do with. So what does a person do when their radio-controlled vehicle is in the shop? They come up with a list of upgrades and hop-ups!
- Bodies - This is an easy visual enhancement. You can really make the vehicle your own with a custom body.
- Springs and Shocks - A simple and relatively low-cost performance upgrade for bashing or racing.
- Tires & Wheels - Performance meets visual appeal. If you're thinking about hitting the track, keep an eye on what your competitors are running.
- Undertrays and Overtrays - Protect your electronics and servos from battle damage by bolting on an added shield.
- Sway bars and other chassis upgrades - Dial in your performance and handling whether you're bashing or racing.
- Motor and Electronic Speed Control (ESC) - The ultimate performance boost. These will cost the most money, but you'll get the biggest return in the form of speed.
- Radios, servos, and receivers - With a little ingenuity (and a lot of money) you can rebuild your entire vehicle. It's been done.
I've also found some great sites that offer amazing deals on r/c parts and accessories. Here are a few of my favorites: