We’re back with another episode, but nothing much has changed. No intro music, no r/c truck and more ideas than I know what to do with. So what does a person do when their radio-controlled vehicle is in the shop? They come up with a list of upgrades and hop-ups!
- Bodies – This is an easy visual enhancement. You can really make the vehicle your own with a custom body.
- Springs and Shocks – A simple and relatively low-cost performance upgrade for bashing or racing.
- Tires & Wheels – Performance meets visual appeal. If you’re thinking about hitting the track, keep an eye on what your competitors are running.
- Undertrays and Overtrays – Protect your electronics and servos from battle damage by bolting on an added shield.
- Sway bars and other chassis upgrades – Dial in your performance and handling whether you’re bashing or racing.
- Motor and Electronic Speed Control (ESC) – The ultimate performance boost. These will cost the most money, but you’ll get the biggest return in the form of speed.
- Radios, servos, and receivers – With a little ingenuity (and a lot of money) you can rebuild your entire vehicle. It’s been done.
I’ve also found some great sites that offer amazing deals on r/c parts and accessories. Here are a few of my favorites:
Subscribe to the RC Newb Podcast!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 16:03 — 7.5MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS