Not to leave the on-road folks out in the cold after rolling out the Slickrock 1/18-scale crawler, Vaterra RC has added a new on-road vehicle to their impressive fleet of pavement pounders. Introducing the Nissan Silvia S15 1/10-scale rtr.
Construction-wise, the chassis on the Silvia looks to be the same as what’s being used with a few of Vaterra RC’s other on-road vehicles, the 2012 CHP Camaro, the 1969 Camaro, etc. There are, however, differences when you start looking at the shocks (Silvia uses friction shocks while the CHP Camaro uses oil-filled). Differences aside, these vehicles are bred for fun and hours of entertainment. From what I’ve seen and read about the other vehicles in Vaterra’s lineup, there is no shortage of either of those things, no matter what machine you choose. And as with the other models from Vaterra, they offer some additional upgrade parts if you want to get your hands dirty right out of the box.
- Type: 4WD Sedan
- Scale: 1/10
- Length: 14.85 in (371mm)
- Width: 7.76 in (194mm) w/30mm Rear tires
- Height: 4.4 in (112mm)
- Ground Clearance: .25 in (6mm)
- Wheelbase: 10.25 in (256mm)
- Weight: 3lbs 14oz.
- Chassis: Injection Molded
- Suspension: Independent
- Drivetrain: 4WD Shaft Drive
- Tire Type: 2.68 in (67mm) V1 Performance
- Motor: 540 Brushed
- Radio: Spektrum DX2E 2 Channel
- Batteries: 1800mAh Ni-Mh 6-cell Flat w/EC3
- Charger: 2A NiMh AC Peak Charger
- Gear Pitch: 48p
- Wheel Size: 2.16 in (54mm)
- Kit/RTR: RTR
- Shock Type: Injection Molded Friction
- Body: Polycarbonate Painted
- Ball Bearings: Complete Drivetrain