Now more than ever, large-scale R/C fans have a wide array of fun and capable models to choose from. If you’re 1/5-scale tastes revolve around the looks and performance of desert buggies, Losi’s DBXL-E 2.0 should have you covered.
Building off of their original DBXL-E platform, this updated model offers a number of improvements that focus on durability, power, and performance. Among the updates found in the DBXL-E 2.0 are new chassis braces, gearboxes, a new wing and wing mount, larger battery trays, and new Spektrum Smart electronics.
The Spektrum Smart electronics and AVC (Advanced Vehicle Control) system should offer a great driving experience for hobbyists with any level of experience. While a vehicle of this size might not be a first-choice for a novice, you could certainly drive it with confidence.
Two body graphics and color options are available for this large-scale buggy, a black and red Fox Racing model and a red and silver Losi model. Both options include a functioning LED light bar for nighttime driving and also feature beadlock wheel rings that accent the colors of the body panels.
Losi DBXL-E 2.0 Specs:
- Length: 33.25″ (844mm)
- Width: 19.5″ (495mm)
- Height: 12.5″ (317mm)
- Ground Clearance: 2.75″ (552mm)
- Wheelbase:21.75″ (552mm)
- Weight: 28.3 lbs (12.8kg) w/o batteries, 30.5 lbs (13.8kg) w/batteries
- Chassis: 0.16″ (4mm) thick 6061-T6 aluminum w/stiffening plate
- Suspension: Independent
- Drivetrain: 4Wd Shaft Drive
- Tire Type: Maxxis Creepy Crawler LT 7.7″ (196mm)
- Motor or Engine: Firma 780Kv non-sensored brushless
- Speed Control: Firma 160A w/IC5 Battery Connector
- Radio: Spektrum DX2E Active
- Servos: Spektrum S906 1/5 scale metal gear, high-torque, high voltage waterproof steering servo
- Batteries: Recommended 14.8V 5000mAh 4S 100C Smart LiPo, Hardcase, IC5 (x2)
- Gear Pitch: 1.5 module
- Wheel Size: 4.5″ (115mm) measured at center
- Shock Type: Oil-filled, aluminum body
- Body: Screen printed polycarbonate panels
The Losi DBXL-E 2.0 is priced at $1,099 and will begin arriving in hobby shops around the middle of November (2019). Visit losi.com to learn more about this large-scale R/C desert buggy.
Image credit: Losi