If 2016 was the “year of the R/C Monster Truck” (in my view, at least), then 2017 is quickly shaping up to be the year of the competition-focused vehicle. Schumacher, Tekno, and others have announced and introduced new race-bred vehicles, and the latest offering from Team Losi Racing is no exception.
The TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck kit is a 1/10-scale, 2-wheel drive, radio-controlled racer that builds on past models. The chassis, based on the TLR 22 3.0 buggy, features a number of updates over the previous 2.0 model.
Among those updates are an improved motor-mount (mid) location, front and rear suspension geometry, and the inclusion of various option parts (from previous models) that are now included as standard.
The 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck shares many parts with not only previous TLR stadium truck kits, but also its cousin, the TLR 22SCT 3.0 short course truck. This shared-liniage helps insure greater parts availability when things need repair.
Team Losi Racing 22T 3.0 Specifications:
- Type: 2WD Stadium Truck
- Scale: 1/10
- Length: 15.8 in (400mm)
- Width: 12.7 in (322mm)
- Height: 5.65 in (143mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.3 -11.4 in (286-290mm)
- Weight: Varies (based on equipment)
- Chassis: 2.5mm 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Suspension: Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
- Drivetrain: 2WD
- Motor or Engine: 540 size Not Included
- Speed Control: Not Included
- Wheel Size: 2.20 in (56mm) x 1.90 in (48mm)
- Kit/RTR: Kit
- Shock Type: 12mm Big Bore, Oil Filled
- Body: 22T 3.0, unpainted polycarbonate
- Ball Bearings: Full Rubber Sealed Ball Bearings
- Experience Level: Advanced
- Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
Parts needed to complete the build:
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- 48 Pitch Pinion Gear
Priced at $349.99, the TLR 22T 3.0 will be available in late February 2017 in both online and through your local Team Losi dealers.
Image credit: Team Losi Racing