Losi’s “2/16” social media tease has been revealed, and it looks like a fun machine. Blending scale detail with full-throttle performance, the RZR Rey Brushless 1/10 RTR appears ready to tear up the backyard, the dunes, and the trail.
Officially licensed by Polaris, the RZR Rey looks like a true side-by-side UTV, albeit in 1/10-scale. Front to back this new model screams scale detail. Most of what you’d expect to find in the design of a 1:1 Polaris RZR you can find on this radio-controlled model. There are even front and rear LED lights to keep the fun rolling long after the sun sets. Two body color/graphics options are available (Blue/RZR and Orange/FOX Shocks).
The scale detail of the RZR Rey doesn’t stop at the exterior. A detailed interior, featuring a blend of polycarbonate and injection molded plastic helps drive home the realistic look of this R/C UTV. In addition to those details, you’ll also find scale brake discs and calipers mounted on the wheel hexes for even more scale sweetness.
There also appear to be plenty of durability-and-performance-focused elements built into the RZR Rey. An aluminum chassis plate should help keep this vehicle rolling strong, even when the trail turns treacherous. The rear independent suspension uses a trailing arm setup that’s not only great for 1/10-scale fun but also looks very similar to its 1:1 counterpart.
With a 3800kv Spektrum Firma brushless motor, this machine shouldn’t lack power or speed. You’ll also find a 6-channel Spektrum Smart AVC inside, allowing for easier control for inexperienced drivers. Other notable electronics highlights include a Spektrum DX3 3-channel DSMR transmitter, a Spektrum S614S Steel Gear Servo, and a Spektrum Firma 130A Brushless Smart ESC.
Losi RZR Rey Brushless UTV Specs:
- Battery: Sold Separately
- Connector Type: IC5
- Ground Clearance: 1.7 in (43.18mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 4.16:1
- Motor Size: 3660
- Product Length: 19″ (483 mm)
- Spur Gear: 36T
- Suspension: Independent/Independent Trailing Arm
- Wheel Width: 1.6 in (41.3mm)
- Product Weight: 8.5lb (3.86kg)
- Tire Tread: BFG KM3
- Vehicle Type: Desert Buggy
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Speed Control: Included
- Wheelbase: 14.3″ (363 mm)
- Final Drive Ratio:14.58:1
- Motor Type: Brushless
- Charger: Sold Separately
- Differential: Bevel Gear/Sealed
- Receiver: Included
- Shock Type: 0.38 in (10mm) Composite, Oil Filled
- Vehicle Size: Standard
- Inner Tire / Outer Wheel Diameter: 2.2 in
- Product Width: 11.4″ (290 mm)
- Radio: Included
- Technology: AVC and SMART
- Power Type: Electric
- Gear Pitch: 1.0 MOD
- Servos: Included
- Body: Polycarbonate, Screened
- Brakes: Integral with ESC
- Pinion: 12T
- Scale: 1/10
- Ball Bearings: Full Ball Bearings
- Chassis: 3mm, Plate, 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Drive Type: Forward/Brake/Reverse
- Product Height: 10.85″ (276 mm)
- Tire Compound: Medium (45A)
- Wheel Hex Size: 12mm
The RZR Rey Brushless RTR is priced at $619.99 and will be available through Losi, Horizon Hobby, and their dealers. As a special product launch offer, the first 50 customers can get a free RZR Rey Clear Body Set when using coupon code RZRREY at checkout (through horizonhobby.com). To learn more about this 1/10-scale R/C UTV, visit horizonhobby.com.
Image credit: Losi/Horizon Hobby