If you’re running a larger-scale radio-controlled machine, you need to have plenty of power to make it move. To that end, Castle Creations has released a new brushless motor for 1/6-scale applications, the Castle 1717.
Designed for maximum efficiency, the 1717 features a four-pole, 12-slot design that promises to produce plenty of power without excessive heat. The motor can be run in both sensored and sensorless modes and uses oversized bearings for improved durability.
Castle Creations 1717 Specs:
- Input Voltage Range: 8S LiPo Max
- Kv: 1650
- Max. RPM: 56,000
- Length: 3.35″ (112.7mm)
- Diameter: 1.87″ (47.6mm)
- Weight (w/wires): 21.08 oz./597.6g
- Shaft Size:
- Length: 20mm
- Diameter: 5mm
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 @ 25.4mm (1″)
- Cooling Fan: N/A
- Connectors: 6.5mm male bullets
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Vehicles weighing less than 20lbs.
- Tech Notes: Running modes: Sensorless and Sensored
The Castle 1717 brushless, sensored motor is priced at $189.95 and is available directly through Castle Creations and their dealers. Visit castlecreations.com to learn more about this large-scale R/C motor upgrade.
Image credit: Castle Creations