I’m convinced that this is Traxxas’s world, and we’re just living in it. Continuing their streak of hot new releases, the Texas-based R/C brand has announced two new Factory Five Hot Rods built on top of the 4-Tec 3.0 platform. Larger than its predecessor, the 4-Tec 3.0 offers a wider, longer chassis with larger wheels and tires, allowing for the enjoyment of even more on-road scale beauty.
Partnering with Factory Five, Traxxas has introduced two new body styles, a coupe and a pickup truck for hot rod fanatics. Each body style features two color and graphics options. The coupe is available in red and blue, and the truck is available in silver and red.
Both body options include plenty of scale details, including LED-equipped headlights, taillights, side mirrors, and chrome accents. Both hot rods roll around on black wheels with chrome outer rims, making these two old-school beauties street-stalking stunners.
Keeping the body lines clean, Traxxas is utilizing its new, “clipless” body mounting system for this truck, allowing for easy removal and mounting of the 4-Tec 3.0’s body.
Under the hood of each of these machines is the freshly-released 4-Tec 3.0 chassis. With its tub-style chassis, shaft-driven 4-wheel drive, these machines should have no problem scooting around the street.
Traxxas 4-Tec 3.0 Factory Five Hot Rod Specs:
- Length: 16.7 inches (423mm)
- Height (ride): 5.9 inches (151mm)
- Front Track: 7.7 inches (195mm)
- Rear Track: 7.9 inches (200mm)
- Ground Clearance: 0.3 inches (9mm)
- Weight: 4.4lbs (1.89kg) with body (with battery)
- Wheelbase: 11.8 inches (300mm)
- Shock Length: 1.5 inches (39mm) (front and rear)
- Tire Diameter: 2.8 inches (73mm)
- Tire Width (front): 1.1 inches (28mm)
- Tire Width (rear): 1.3 inches (32mm)
- Wheel Diameter: 2.1 inches (54mm)
- Speed Control: XL-5™ Electronic Speed Control
- Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 550 (12-Turn)
Priced at $319.99 for either the coupe or the truck, the 4-Tec 3.0 Hot Rods will be available directly from Traxxas and their dealers. Visit traxxas.com to learn more about these 1/10-scale R/C hot rods.
Image credit: Traxxas