Traxxas has expanded their on-road 4-TEC lineup beyond their Ford GT and new “bodiless”, chassis-only options to include the Ford Mustang GT. This re-styled American classic is a hit in 1:1 form and it looks like Traxxas has nailed the styling of their 1/10 version.
Riding on the 4-TEC chassis, this all-wheel drive car is powered by a Titan 12-turn brushed motor (550 size) and will run on either a NiMh or LiPo battery pack (not included).
A Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz radio system and XL-5 electronic speed control (ESC) serve as the base electronics for this model. The internal electronics are also waterproof/water resistant, allowing your fun to take place no matter what Mother Nature has in store.
Traxxas Ford GT Specs
- Length: 18.1 inches (460mm)
- Front Track: 7.7 inches (196mm)
- Rear Track: 7.9 inches (200mm)
- Ground Clearance: 0.3 inches (9mm)
- Weight: 3.2lbs (1.45kg) with body (no battery)
- Height (ride): 5.07 inches (129mm)
- Wheelbase: 10.1 inches (256mm)
- Shock Length: Short (front and rear)
- Tire Diameter: 2.6 inches (66mm)
- Tire Width (front): 1.0 inches (26mm)
- Tire Width (rear): 1.2 inches (30mm)
- Wheel Diameter: 2.1 inches (53mm)
- Speed Control: XL-5™ Electronic Speed Control
- Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 550 (12-Turn)
- Transmission: Single Speed Direct Drive
- Overall Drive Ratio: 9.49
- Differential Type: Sealed, Hardened Steel Bevel, Limited Slip
- Gear Pitch: 48
- Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Tub / Nylon Composite
- Brake Type: Electronic
- Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Steering: Dual-Bellcrank
- Radio System: TQ™ 2.4GHz Transmitter
- Servo: #2075 High Torque Waterproof
- Top Speed: 30+mph (with included optional pinion gear)
The price for the Traxxas Ford Mustang GT is $279.99, making it an attractive options for fans of not only modern muscle cars, but also fun, ready-to-roll radio-controlled cars. Learn more about this model at Traxxas.com.
Image credit: Traxxas