As we inch our way through Spring, toward the Summer months, I’d expect we’ll be seeing a few announcements from some of the bigger names in the R/C world, either with new vehicles or updates to existing platforms. Following some announcements from Traxxas, Axial has released a kit version of their Wraith Spawn Rock Racer ($356.49 on Amazon.com).
For those of you that prefer to build your rigs rather than get them ready to run, this might be a fun Summer project for you to work on. Featuring 2.2″ Maxxis Trepador tires mounted on 2.2 Method IFD™ beadlock wheels, Icon Vehicle Dynamics threaded aluminum shocks, and a number of durable and performance-minded components, this is a great rig no matter if it’s your for a first build, second build, or if you’ve created a fleet of radio-controlled vehicles.
- Officially licensed 2.2 Method IFD™ beadlock wheels
- 2.2 Maxxis Trepador tires
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics threaded aluminum shocks
- Universal joint axles
- WB8 HD Wildboar™ Driveshafts
- Aluminum lower suspension links
- Spawn body (unpainted) with driver figure and molded interior
- AR60 OCP-Axle™ – solid rear axle, independent front suspension
- Dual slipper clutch
- Front and rear heavy duty differential lockers
- Waterproof receiver box
Add your own power plant and electronics and you’ll be off to the races. The Axial Wraith Spawn kit is priced at $329.99. Learn more about this kit at AxialRacing.com.
Image credit: Axial