Earlier this year I was very excited to see a new brand hit the market that appeared to be focused not only on the beginner to the hobby, but also to the fan of scale realism. Since it’s initial lineup was announced, Vaterra RC has slowly been adding new vehicles (2012 CHP Camaro, Glamis Fear, and Halix) to their lineup, creating a nice, well-rounded suite of vehicles for any taste.
Their latest addition, the Slickrock crawler is a nice option for those looking to get into the hobby, and looking to get in small. Yes, the SlickRock is a 1/18th scale vehicle, but from the looks of it, it’s not lacking in specs.
- Type: Rock Crawler
- Scale: 1/18
- Length: 12 in (30.5cm)
- Width: 7 in (17.8cm)
- Wheelbase: 8.5 in (21.6cm)
- Chassis: Plastic Skid with Cage Frame
- Suspension: Multi-Link
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Tire Type: 1.9 Interco SS TSL
- Wheel Size: 1.9 in (hex is 12mm)
- Shock Type: Oil Filled Plastic
- Body: Cage
- Ball Bearings: Complete
- Motor: Brushed
- Batteries: 1100 mAh Ni-Mh 7.2V w EC3
- Charger: 200mA Wall Charger with EC3 Connector
Given it’s small size, this crawler would be a great for indoor and outdoor use, and should allow for some nice customization and upgrades. Will this model be making an appearance in your R/C garage?
- Learn more about the Slickrock at VaterraRC.com
- BigSquidRC’s take on Vaterra’s newest crawler
- RCTruckStop.com has a few thoughts on this new crawler as well
Photo credit: VaterraRC.com