How do you follow-up on a successful outdoor R/C adventure-based event? The answer’s simple. You plan a second-annual event that’s bigger and bolder than the first. While that sounds like an easy task, making it happen takes a bit of legwork and planning. That said, the team behind the UK stop on the RECON G6 tour is more than capable of handling the challenge.
Last year’s event, while pestered by rainy weather, was an all-around success. Taking that passion for the hobby to the next level, Brian Parker’s RECON G6 team and the folks at RCCar.Zone, lead by Peter Gray, are up for the challenge. Taking place from May 27 through the 29th, the RC4WD “Robin’s Hood” RECON G6 Presented by Tekin Racing looks to be just as action-packed as last year’s event.
The 2017 UK RECON G6 event will be held on Leashaw Road in Derbyshire. No matter your age or skill level, there are a number of categories to participate in.
2017 UK RECON G6 Classes
- RECON Rascals Kid Classes (1.9 or 2.2 wheel/tire sizes)
- “Mini Me” – Scale Adventure driver 3 to 6 years of age.
- “We Cool” – Scale Adventure driver 7 to 10 years of age.
- “Big Dog” – Scale adventure driver 11 to 15 years of age.
- RECON G6 Adult Classes
- 1.9 Scale Adventurer (ages 16 – 39)
- 2.2 Scale Adventurer (ages 16 – 39)
- Drivin’ Diva Adventurer (open to women of all ages)
- Veteran Adventurer – Scale Adventure drivers 40 to 55 years of age.
- Senior Adventurer – Scale Adventure drivers 55 & over.
- R.A.D. Class – Handicapable Scale Adventure drivers that use a wheelchair.
- Builders Classes
- Trail Finder – A Class for leaf sprung scale adventure rigs. At least one axle must have leaf springs.
- Truck Trials – A Class for multi-axle scale adventure trucks.
- ST Class – Small tire class. Tires must be smaller than 4.25in or 107mm.
- GCM Tiny Truck – Truck must have full interior, driver, tires 4.25in or smaller, must be presented in the GCM Show-n-Shine & finish all mandatory day stages of the RECON G6 event.
- TerraCross Race Classes
- 1.9 Adventure – open to all 1.9 wheel/tire scale adventure rig.
- 2.2 Adventure – open to all 2.2 wheel/tire scale adventure rig.
- 1.9 Rock Racer – open to all 1.9 wheel/tire rock racer.
- 2.2 Rock Racer – open to all 2.2 wheel/tire rock racer.
- Trophy Truck – open to all rc trophy trucks. 2wd or 4wd.
- Monster Truck – If you like them BIG! All monster jam style trucks race here.
- Ambush Alley presented by Pro-Line Racing (for small-scale R/C rigs)
- Pro-LIne 1/25 Ambush
- RC4WD 1/18th Gelande
The list of sponsors for this year’s event reads like a who’s-who of the scale R/C world. Series title sponsor RC4WD leads the group, along with Tekin Racing, Pit Bull RC, AMain Performance Hobbies, Pull Pal RC, Fast Eddy Bearings, Holmes Hobbies, Pro-Line Racing, Boom Racing, GCM Racing, Wertymade, Knight Customs, and Die Rosterin. With support like this, there’s no doubt that participants will have an amazing time enjoying the hobby and the outdoors.
Image credit: Recon G6