Not much noise has come from Vaterra over the past year, however, they’re looking to end 2017 with a bang as they’ve released a new addition to their Ascender lineup. Following some social media teases, the scale R/C brand has officially announced the 1968 Ford F-100 Ascender.
While this may appear to be a new body slapped on top of a well-tested chassis, you’re partly right. There are, however, some unique traits which this new model brings to the table. The first is the inclusion of headlight buckets, lenses, and LEDs.
Vaterra was one of the first brands to include smaller visual details on their models. With this Ford F-100 release, they’re raising the bar with a beautifully-crafted front grille which frames the functioning headlights.
Another unique aspect of this model is the fact that it’s a “bind n drive” and doesn’t include a radio transmitter. With so many ready-to-run (RTR) models including transmitters, this model will work with any Spektrum 2.4GHz radio which uses DSM tech.
Vaterra Ascender 1968 Ford F-100 Specs:
- Type: 4WD “Scale” Rock Crawler
- Scale: 1/10
- Length: 18.1 in (460mm)
- Width: 9 in (229mm)
- Height: 9 in (229mm)
- Ground Clearance: 1.06 in (37mm) at Differentials
- Wheelbase: 11.4 in (290mm)
- Weight: 4 lbs (1.8kg)
- Chassis: Steel Ladder Frame
- Suspension: Multi-Link Solid Axle
- Drivetrain: 4WD with Locked Differentials
- Tire Type: Licensed Super Swamper TSL SX
- Motor or Engine: 35T Brushed 540
- Speed Control: Dynamite WP 60A (Included)
- Radio: Spektrum™ DSMR®/DSM2® (Sold Separately)
- Servos: Spektrum 605 9KG, Metal Gear (Included)
- Batteries: 2S Shorty Lipo Battery Pack with EC3 Connector (Sold Separately)
- Charger: Sold Separately
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Wheel Size: 1.9 in (48.26mm) x 1.1 in (27mm)
- Kit/RTR: BND (Bind-N-Drive), Ready-to-Run
- Shock Type: Oil-Filled, Threaded, Injection Molded
The Vaterra Ascender 1968 Ford F-100 is priced at $339.99 and will be available in December 2017. Learn more about this model at vaterrarc.com.
Image credit: Vaterra