Although I’m a fan of the orange and black color combination, it boggles the mind as to why I haven’t picked up or tried my hand at one of HPI’s various vehicles. Since they’re a mainstay in the R/C hobby with years of experience and a “decent” number of cars and trucks in their lineup, its surprising that I haven’t looked into their vehicles yet. Having said that, their newest release may have me looking there way in a while.
The Jumpshot MT is a two-wheel drive RTR machine that looks to be fun for novices, experienced pros, and everyone in-between. Featuring waterproof electronics, Twin Vertical Plate (TVP) chassis design (based on the Savage) and a 2.4GHz radio system, there isn’t much more that you’d need from a fun, all-around truck.
Features and general specs
- Tough aluminum TVP chassis design
- Large battery box capable of fitting 7-cell NiMH stick packs
- Battery easily accessible from bottom of chassis
- SC-3SWP2 waterproof brushed ESC
- Enclosed receiver box
- 2.4 GHz radio system
- Oil-filled shock absorbers
- Double-wishbone suspension design
- Sturdy body mounts
- Standard 12mm hex hub wheel fitting
- 2.2″ wheels & tires and pick-up truck body
Image credit: HPI