Team Associated’s name is known for performance. Perhaps that’s why their teaser posts and photos for their two newest racing buggies generated so much buzz. Prior to releasing not one but two new buggies (one carpet racer and one dirt devil), images of new gearboxes, chassis configurations and other technical elements were released, whetting the appetites of R/C racers around the world. Folks, it’s time to dig into the feast!
The Team Associated RC10B and RC10B Team Kits are the latest evolution of race-bred performance, featuring a number of enhancements in hopes of giving you an edge on the competition. Both models are two-wheel drive, 1/10-scale racing buggies and include a 3-gear transmission, set up in different configurations based on the track surface type, two differential styles, and chassis component tweaks.
Both models feature:
- Hard anodized aluminum pocketed chassis included. Optional weights (not included) allow weight bias tuning.
- Reverse bell-crank steering rack design allows more room for electronics
- Centralized motor positioning for optimum side-to-side balance
- Repositioned A plate provides maximum front end clearance
- One-piece steering blocks with bolt on Ackermann plate
- Lightweight and durable aluminum C plate and aluminum ball stud mount
- Updated ball cups and turnbuckles for precise adjustments and durability
- Adjustable battery hold-down strap allows weight bias tuning
- Aluminum front axle and rear hexes for less rotating mass and long-lasting durability
- V2 12mm “Big Bore” threaded aluminum shocks with 3mm TiN coated shafts and low friction x-rings for improved smoothness
- Factory Team Aluminum Shock Bushings provide stable shock mounts
- Heavy-duty rear axle for added strength
- Factory Team upgraded ball bearings
- Team Associated clear body and screw-mounted wing by JConcepts(TM)
Team Associated RC10B
The carpet-racer version of these two models is the RC10B. A quick glance at this model compared to it’s dirt-racing cousin (RC10BD) might not yield many noticeable differences. The front suspension arms use a gull wing design and the front shock tower is slightly wider than that of the RC10BD. The vehicle is set up with an overall lower center of gravity to help it stick to the track and give it the most on-power steering grip and precision possible.
The carpet-specific tuning continues as you work your way to the gearing and drivetrain of the RC10B. A laydown 3-gear transmission is utilized to, again, aid in keeping the center of gravity low and keeping this buggy glued to the track. A gear differential is included to boost forward acceleration as well as cornering speed.
- Turf/Carpet/Clay configuration
- 3-gear laydown Stealth(TM) transmission: lower CG and reduced polar moment
- Gear differential: more corner speed and forward acceleration
- Gull-wing front arms with wider shock tower: lower CG and increased on-power steering
- Ability to mount shocks on front or rear of rear arms
Carrying a price of $309.99, this new buggy will be available for purchase in June 2016. Learn more about this new carpet and turf R/C racer at teamassociated.com.
Team Associated RC10BD
If your preferred playground is dirt, the RC10BD is loaded with features that will help you keep up with the competition. From the standup 3-gear transmission, ball differential, and front-end chassis configuration, this model is setup to help you get the most rear grip possible on uneven, unsteady racing surfaces.
- Clay/Hard Dirt/Loose Dirt configuration
- Standup 3-gear Stealth(TM) transmission: more rearward weight for increased rear traction
- Ball differential: more rear traction and stability
- Flat front arms with narrower shock tower: more responsive steering and quicker release out of corner
Also carrying a price of $309.99, the RC10BD kit will be available for purchase in June 2016. Learn more about this new off-road racer at teamassociated.com.
Image credit: Team Associated