My first foray into R/C crawling world took place a few years ago with the purchase of a Redcat Racing RS10. Since then, my entire outlook on the crawling, scale, and trail side of the hobby has changed. No longer do I think these vehicles are lacking in fun or entertainment, as I’ve had many first-hand experiences where the joy that I’ve felt in attempting to tackle obstacles and other terrain have far-exceeded anything I could have imagined. That said, I have a fond place in my radio-control-loving heart for rock-crawling rigs.
While the true “crawler” category hasn’t gotten as much attention as the scaler/trail truck end of the hobby, there are a number of great vehicles that have been created with the sole purpose of getting over and around challenging obstacles. One of those models is the tried-and-true Losi Night Crawler, which has recently undergone a revamp for 2015.
This new variation of the Losi Night Crawler 2.0 builds on the rugged capabilities of the original, but adds a few features that you’ll find useful when things get rough.
- Front and Rear 21T Worm-drive
- NiMH & LiPo compatible ESC (programmed for crawling)
- Dynamite 35T 540-size motor
- LED Light bar and LED rock lights
- 2.2 Rock Claw Tires
- 4-link suspension
- Type: Rock Crawler
- Scale: 1/10
- Length: 17.5 in (444.5mm)
- Width: 9.875 in (250.8mm)
- Wheelbase: 12.3 in (312.4mm)
- Weight: 4.18 lb (1.9kg)
- Chassis: Aluminum Twin Vertical Plate
- Suspension: 4-link
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Tire Type: 2.2 Losi Rock Claws
- Motor or Engine: 540 Brushed
- Speed Control: Included
- Radio: Spektrum DX2E 2-channel
- Batteries: Speedpack 1800mAh Ni-MH 6-Cell Flat with EC3
- Wheel Size: 2.2 in Beadlock
- Kit/RTR: RTR
- Shock Type: 4-inch aluminum with adjustable collars
The Losi Night Crawler 2.0 has a selling price of $299.99. Learn more about this R/C crawler at losi.com.
Image credit: Losi