Joining other manufacturers with recent race-ready radio-controlled buggies, Kyosho has released details about a new nitro-powered racing machine that will be available in April of this year. Their new Inferno MP9 TK14 kit (#33001) is a 1/8 scale vehicle that sports an array of upgraded and improved features that should help you step up your game on the track and, hopefully increase your trophy collection at home.
Highlighting improvements to the front and rear suspension for increased cornering stability and performance, a redesigned body and rear wing for optimum aerodynamics, and retooled and reimagined internal chassis components to improve overall endurance and longevity of parts, all indications point to this vehicle being a very racy ride.
- Newly designed body that perfectly balances all factors for front end turning, cornering and traction performance.
- Front suspension arm is 2mm longer than the TKI3 and ribs have been added for more strength. Delivers both improved surface tracing and cornering.
- Big bore shocks with φ1.5×5 hole pistons that power the chassis over surface gaps.
- Front universal shafts and tie rods have also been lengthened and upgraded with reinforced tie rod ball ends.
- Newly designed rear wing features 2 additional vertical fins for greater stability over jumps and removable gurney flap for increasing rear grip.
- Newly engineered wing stay with increased mounting surface area for more secure fixing to prevent damage and deformation.
- Length 490mm
- Width 307mm
- Height 180mm
- Ground Clearance 28mm
- Wheelbase 325mm (4 settings with rear hub collar position changes)
- Tread (F/R) 254mm (2 front settings, 3 rear settings with bush changes)
- Tire(F/R) sold separately
- Gear Ratio 11.7:1
- Weight 2,950g (approx.)
- Engine 21-class engine (sold separately)
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class engine
- Muffler and manifold
- Tires & inner foam
- Engine starting tools
- Starter box
- Batteries for R/C system
Pricing for this new buggy kit is expected to be $729. If performance is your game, then this may be just the machine you’ve been looking for. Learn more about the Kyosho Inferno MP9 TK14 at Kyosho.com.
Image credit: Kyosho